South African Weather Service (SAWS) Vacancies Jobs in South Africa – Greeting For Job Seekers who Are looking for job vacancies for Lead Scientist: Climate Change and Variability Research in Gauteng have great opportunity from South African Weather Service (SAWS) jobs near me. The Well Respected Organisation of South Africa Is In always inviting For Various Job Vacancies in their Well Performing Department in Various Branches across Jobs in Gauteng, South Africa. Apply For South African Weather Service (SAWS) south african weather service internship programme 2022. Apply For Jobs in Centurion, Gauteng Vacancies Near Me 2022-2023.
At Present The South African Based Government Organisation is seeking for Job Seeker to Apply Online For Lead Scientist: Climate Change and Variability Research Vacancies 2022-23 in Centurion, Gauteng jobs opportunities. Get to Apply online For South African Weather Service (SAWS) application form 2022 Lead Scientist: Climate Change and Variability Research Vacancies in South African Weather Service (SAWS) by Filling Online Application Form. Find Local Government vacancies For South African Weather Service (SAWS) 2022. Get government vacancies registration, Student and Freshers Internship Vacancies in Centurion, Gauteng, Apply Online For South African Weather Service (SAWS) Career News at www.weathersa.co.za Careers. On this Site Get Job search and apply online For Gauteng Government Jobs in South Africa online jobs.
Lead Scientist: Climate Change and Variability Research Vacancies – South African Weather Service (SAWS) Jobs 2022
A vacancy exists for South African Weather Service (SAWS) Careers in Centurion, Gauteng South Africa jobs. Successful candidates will be responsible for the performance of Lead Scientist: Climate Change and Variability Research Vacancies 2022-23 jobs in Centurion. Candidates who have relevant qualification for Lead Scientist: Climate Change and Variability Research jobs can apply online for this vacancy. The basic salary of this post is expected to be R 420000.00 per Year.
Brief details For This Position
|Hiring Department:-||South African Weather Service (SAWS) Careers 2022|
|Vacant Position:-||Lead Scientist: Climate Change and Variability Research Jobs|
|Remuneration:-||ZAR 420000.00 Per Year|
|Location:-||Jobs in Centurion, Gauteng|
|Official Portal:-||www.weathersa.co.za Vacancies|
Note:- The Salary Given Above is Market Related or Expected, Actual salary may vary.
The position of Lead Scientist: Climate Change and Variability is tasked with driving innovation
through Research and Development in climate change science. The position will conduct
research related to climate change and variability, develop products and among others such
that are listed in the key performance areas. The position will directly report to the Chief
Scientist Climate Change and Variability or the Senior Manager Research.
Key performance areas:
• The incumbent will be responsible for the analyses of large data sets from the latest
global and regional models
• Lead the effort of dynamical and/or statistical downscale of global/regional models to
• He/she will interpret IPCC reports to extract information relevant for strengthening
SAWS’s internal and national scientific position on climate change and its impacts
Document Reference HCM.ADV 001.1
Page 2 of 4
• Proactively develop funding research proposals and manage the research efforts
• Play a leading role in conducting and managing research projects and programmes
related to climate change and variability, its socio-economic impacts and application
• Lead and support the development of products and processes in support of the SAWS
public goods and commercial services.
• Assist in evaluating research needs and advice in developing and maintaining the
strategic direction of climate change research in the SAWS, in line with the
international standards, practices and developments
• Participate in the support of relevant operational and/or meteorological systems
• Identify research gaps in the specific field and pursue methods to address these in
cooperation with other SAWS divisions and sections and where relevant with external
• Develop and nurture external collaboration with national and international institutions
relevant to atmospheric research activities
• Represent the SAWS where appropriate on national or international scientific
panels/committees or expert groups in an expert capacity
• Participate and lead stakeholders’ engagement meetings, trainings and workshops on
climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies.
• Ensure the scientific integrity to international standards of the research activities in
his/her field in the SAWS
• The suitable candidate should have a good understanding of climate change science
and its applications and possess communication skills necessary to contribute to the
advancement of the SAWS climate change programme
• Provide scientific guidance and project leadership to junior scientists and ensure
teamwork in conducting research and reporting findings in reports and scientific
journals and provide mentoring and scientific capacity building within SAWS.
Document Reference HCM.ADV 001.1
Page 3 of 4
• Participate in all activities related to the implementation and/or maintenance of the
SAWS TQM system
• Act as co-promoter or University study leader.
• An appropriate PhD qualification with advanced knowledge and experience in
Atmospheric Science and/or Climate Change and Variability research applications with
at least 5 to 10 years of working in research and development roles.
• Proven knowledge of LINUX shell scripting is required and programming in any
language such as R, Python, FORTRAN, Matlab, etc.
• Proven records of successful project completion in a team-leader capacity or
collaborator and at least 3 scientific publications relevant to this field in DHET
accredited journals is essential.
Attributes and Competencies:
• Analytical thinking and decision-making
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Innovative, strategic and development capability.
• Excellent team player.
• Excellent networking and communication skills.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Ability to mentor and coach others.
• Highly self-motivated and stakeholder management skills
• General Management skills
Register as user on our website using this link: https://www.weathersa.co.za/home/vacancies to apply
for the above position and upload your (Comprehensive CV with certified copies of qualifications).
Document Reference HCM.ADV 001.1
Page 4 of 4
Enquiries for the above-mentioned positions must be directed to: Ms Thembisa Bixa, at Tel. (012)
Closing Date: 22 September 2022
Preference will be given to People living with disabilities in line with SAWS EE targets.
This is an EE position and preference will be given to females, Africans, Indians and Coloureds
(AIC). Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. Candidates who have not
been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept
that your application was unsuccessful. The organisation reserves the right not to fill this
position. South African Weather Service is an equal opportunity employer.
About South African Weather Service (SAWS):
The South African Weather Service is the meteorological service under the South African government’s Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism. SAWS is a member of the World Meteorological Organization. Under the South African Weather Service Act effective 15 July 2001, SAWS became a public entity.
What qualification do I need to work at South African Weather Service (SAWS) Gauteng ?
To Work For Government Department South African Weather Service (SAWS) You Need to have Relevant qualifications as per given the circulated notification South African Weather Service (SAWS) vacancies 2022.
Where can I find & Apply For Vacancy ?
At Govtjobsnetwork.com you can search for local Government/ Organisation vacancies amd apply online by filling online application from.
What Type of Job Vacancies can you Find on Govtjobsnetwork ?
On Govtjobsnetwork.com We Provide all the latest, Upcoming and Currently Available Job Vacancies in various Department of South Africa At Present on this page you can Find South African Weather Service (SAWS) Lead Scientist: Climate Change and Variability Research Vacancies in Centurion, Gauteng. Get All the Internship Vacancies For South African Weather Service (SAWS), Freshers and Experienced Job Vacancies in Gauteng, Careers News For South African Weather Service (SAWS).